10 Peribahasa dalam Bahasa Inggris yang sering kita jumpai dalam Bahasa Indonesia

1. Piece of cake = gampang banget, tidak membutuhkan banyak usaha

contoh: 

A: How was your mid-test?

B: It was a piece of cake. 


2. To feel under the weather = tidak enak badan

contoh:

I don't think I will go to your party. I'm feeling a bit under the weather.


3. Don't judge a book by its cover = Jangan menilai seseorang hanya dari penampilan luarnya saja

contoh: 

A: She is very pretty and rides a lux car. She must get it from her parents.

B: Don't judge a book by its cover, dude. Actually, she bought it by herself. 


4. Break a leg = semoga berhasil

contoh: 

Break a leg, Bro!. I believe you can get the first rank!


5. A blessing in disguise = hal buruk yang memberikan hal baik di kemudian hari

contoh:

Missing her flight becomes a blessing in disguise for her because she meets her old friends. 


6. Call it a day = berhenti bekerja, berhenti melakukan apapun yang sedang dilakukan karena dirasa sudah cukup

contoh:

We have been working in this project for 3 months but no result. Let's call it a day.


7. No pain no gain = tidak ada pengorbanan yang tidak ada hasil, bersakit sakit dahulu bersenang senang kemudian

contoh:

I have saved my money for a month to buy this ticket. But, you know, I can meet my idol now. No pain no gain.


8. Kill two birds with one stone = sambil menyelam minum air

contoh:

I went to market this morning to buy water spinach. While going there, I also had breakfast with my friend, you know, it's like kills two birds with one stone. 


9. Beat around the bush = berbicara bertele-tele

contoh:

Actually, what is your main goal coming here? Don't beat around the bush. I don't have time.


10. Get out of hand = di luar kendali

contoh: This is beyond my control. It is getting out of my hand. We need to report this case to our manager. 



Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

ARCS Model

Pengajaran bahasa tradisional, modern dan post modern

Seleksi Tertulis PPAN Jateng 2017